Cuban activist Oscar Sánchez Madan jailed again after protest

Cuban activist Oscar Sánchez Madan was sent again to prison last week after 18 days detained in a police unit for protesting with anti -government posters in the Martí Park in the city of Matanzas.

The opponent, a political coordinator of the National Council of the United Anti -Total Forum (Fantu), said in a telephone call to the headquarters of that organization that the Directorate of Contraintelligence of the Ministry of Interior kept him detained from March 8 to 27 of the same month in the beach police unit, in the provincial capital, says a report by the Cuban Institute for Freedom of Expression and Press (ICLEP).

Sánchez Madan said that he had been transferred to the Penitentiary Detachment of Transit No. 8, known as “El Deposit”, in the South Combined, the same prison in which he remained prisoner before.

The activist was accused of public disorders for his peaceful protest, although until the time of writing this note he had not received a tax petition.

On March 6, at a lightning hearing in the Municipal Criminal Chamber of Popular Power in Matanzas, Sánchez Madan was sentenced to a year and two months in prison for the crime of public disorders, the same time he had been held while waiting for a trial. The president of the Court then ordered her release.

Once freedom and after receiving new death threats from his brother, a former retired officer of the Ministry of the Revolutionary Armed Forces (MINFAR), who has the support of state security, the Fantu coordinator starred on March 8 the protest in the Martí Park for which he was arrested.

#Cuban #activist #Oscar #Sánchez #Madan #jailed #protest

Source link

Check Also

Venezuela asks the IOM and ACNUR to intervene in favor of prisoners in El Salvador

Venezuela asks the IOM and ACNUR to intervene in favor of prisoners in El Salvador

Venezuelan Chancellor Yván Gil said Thursday that they have sent communications to the general director …