The Council of Ministers will approve next Tuesday a credit transfer of 2,084 million euros to the Ministry of Defense to comply with expenses provided by this department.
The first vice president of the Government and Minister of Finance, María Jesús Montero, said this Saturday that this new transfer «It has no special characteristic» and derives that the country works with the General State Budgets (PGE).
On the other hand, government sources have clarified that it is not a new game or is linked to the executive’s commitment to arrive before 2029 to 2% of GDP of defense spending.
Montero has assured that it is A «very similar» transfer to other previously undertaken and to add «know perfectly what those games are.»
«They are very similar modifications to those we did in previous years,» said the Minister of Finance, ensuring that this operation «It has no special characteristic.»
In collation, he has defended that the government, at least as regards the PSOE, «has transferred that its concept of defense is a concept of security.» «We are talking fundamentally hybrid technology, Double use technology, which is what the Government is emphasizing and that is what is also asking Brussels to emphasize, «he said in relation to the European Union authorities; insisting that it is a transfer» as in previous years. «
Asked about the position regarding adding, partner of the PSOE in the central government, Montero has assured that the left -wing coalition, which a few days ago manifested by the mouth of its spokesman and Minister of Culture, Ernest Urtasunthat would decide on these operations based on its content, «knows perfectly what these budget items are and there has been no problem in being able to process them,» as has already happened, as he has remarked, «in previous years.»
«This is not a new issue, what is new is that We really have to make Europefor our security, which goes through many differentiating elements with other countries, through our geostrategic position, including cybersecurity and cyber -cyberterrorism, «said María Jesús Montero.
Move without budgets
Not having new budgets this year, the government can decide based on the needs it deems appropriate, to make credit modifications, that is, Make movements within the budget.
It is something that the Executive makes regularly, and for example, on March 4 he authorized another credit transfer to the Ministry of Defense for almost 344 million euros in order to meet existing operating needs.
The sources mentioned remember that it is something that was also executed last year, but that when the extended budget being You have to do it again.
Although the Government emphasizes that the transfer that the Council of Ministers will approve after the mandatory authorization by the Ministry of Finance is not linked to the path that manages to meet the objective of 2 % of GDP in defense spending, the decision comes in the midst of the voices that ask that they ask that that percentage that NATO allies They allocate to that task, be greater.
Thus, the Secretary of State for the United States, Marco Rubiohe asked that the members of the Alliance raise their military spending to 5% of their GDP.
The president of the Government, Pedro Sánchez, already assured that Spain will comply with 2% of its GDP before 2029, which was the date initially committed, but still He has not completed the new calendar to reach that goal.
Before the official percentage that Spain must be known He spent last year according to NATO’s criteria.
This matter will be one of the axes of the summit of the Alliance next June in The Haguewhere Sánchez and Trump will be seen for the first time in person in the new mandate of the US president.
https://imagenes.20minutos.es/files/image_1920_1080/uploads/imagenes/2025/04/05/maria-jesus-montero-1.jpeg
#María #Jesús #Montero #confirms #Government #approve #Tuesday #transfer #million #defense #expenses
Source link